ESI Systems Neuroscience Conference 2022
The ever changing brain: Through development and evolution
We are happy to announce that the Ernst Strüngmann Institute Systems Neuroscience Conference (9th ESI SyNC) 2022 will take place in-person this year, on September 8th and 9th at the Ernst Strüngmann Institute in Frankfurt, Germany.
This year’s topic is: The ever-changing brain: Through development and evolution. Eleven speakers will discuss their research and views on the development, organization, and evolution of the brain from a wide array of viewpoints: from anatomy to function, from the microcircuit to whole-brain network level, from the origins of cognition in single-celled organisms to complex social behavior in primates. This year’s conference is a great platform to learn about comparative neuroscience, organizational and evolutionary aspects of neural processing, and developmental mechanisms of cognitive and sensory systems.
Young researchers will have the opportunity to exchange ideas and raise questions in formal and informal discussions. There will also be a poster session for which we welcome submissions.
- Detlev Arendt (European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, Heidelberg, GER)
- Rosa Cossart (Inmed, Aix-Marseille University, Marseille, FR)
- Onur Güntürkün (Ruhr-Universität Bochum, GER)
- Ileana Hanganu-Opatz (Center for Molecular Neurobiology Hamburg, University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf, GER)
- Suzana Herculano-Houzel (Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TE, USA)
- Marcus Kaiser (University of Nottingham, UK)
- Pamela Lyon (University of Adelaide, AUS)
- Rogier Mars (University of Oxford, UK and Donders Institute, Nijmegen, NED)
- Rebecca Saxe (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA)
- Georg Striedter (University of California, Irvine, CA, USA)
- Daniel Takahashi (Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, BRA)
Program & Format
The final program of the conference is still under preparation and will appear here. The conference will start at 9am on both days and will last until the evening of the first day and until approximately 7pm the second day. The conference will take place in person.
Registration & Fees
The registration will open on the 1st of July. The link for the online registration will be provided here. The fee for attending the conference in person is Euro 100. It can be paid via bank transfer using the bank details that will be provided after registration. The fee includes coffee, snacks, breakfast and lunch, and one dinner that will be provided at the conference venue.
You can contact the organizing committee with any queries regarding the conference by sending an email to: esi-sync (at) esi-frankfurt.de or to the individual organizers.